Why We Don't Make "Young Again Mix" -Roger Mason
Many of you have seen Life Extinction Mix which sells for the horrendous price of $89.00 for 315 tablets. They have the audacity to call this, "The Most Complete Multi-Vitamin Supplement in History!" That's a quote. You have to gulp down NINE tablets a day of this stuff so the bottle only lasts about a month. On the surface this seems to offer every nutrient under the sun to make you healthy, right? Well, let's take a little closer look at it.
- Broccoli concentrate 500 mg. If you want dried broccoli powder that's up to you.
- Alpha carotene 89 mcg (that is one eleven thousandth of a gram folks). They're kidding.
- Bromelain 15 mg. Who needs it and how would 15 mg help you? This is dried pineapple juice basically.
- Calcium-D-glucarate. This is simply the glucaric acid version of calcium and no different from plain old calcium citrate.
- Lutein Complex. Have you ever seen any real scientific proof this has any value?
- Milk thistle Extract 100 mg. 400 mg sounds more realistic.
- Lycopene 3 mg. Clinical studies prove lycopene is useless (please see the various library articles on this).
- Acerola juice powder 300 mg. This contains very, very little vitamin C and is identical to plain old synthetic vitamin C biologically and chemically.
- Bilberry 30 mg. If anyone out there can show any published scientific proof that bilberry has any human value at all please send it in and we'll send you some free products.
- Ginger extract 200 mg. Useless, just useless. Ginger is a fine condiment for cooking and ginger root powder a good motion sickness remedy.
- Vitamin C 2.6 grams. This is an insane amount and is six weeks worth. This will just acidify your blood and make you sickly. Overdoses and mega doses of anything are bad for you including food, water, oxygen and sex.
- Trimethylglycine 100 mg. 1/30th of what you need (3 grams).
- Vitamin B-1 125 mg when you need a mere 1.5mg a day. More overdoses.
- Vitamin B-2 50 mg when you need a mere 1.7 mg a day. More overdoses.
- Vitamin B-3 (niacin) a total of 175 mg when you need only 20 mg. More overdoses.
- Vitamin B-5 600 mg when you only need 10 mg. More overdoses.
- Vitamin B-6 100 mg when you only need 2 mg. Almost a two month supply every day. More overdoses.
- Copper 1 mg is half of the RDA. Couldn't they afford the other milligram?
- No iron whatsoever. Since when isn't iron a vital mineral?
- Seven different kinds of magnesium. Isn't this a little ridiculous?
- Potassium 99 mg. Why bother? Ever heard of a potassium deficiency?
- No germanium, strontium, cesium, rubidium, cobalt, nickel, or tin.
- Iodine 75 mcg is half of what you need. Why not the full RDA of 150 mcg?
- No vanadium whatsoever! A vital trace element and they can't put a single milligram in here? One single milligram is too much for them?
- No silicon whatsoever. Unbelievable
- Choline 117.5 mg. What's the point? What's the value?
- Inositol 250 mg. What's the point? What's the value?
- Dilaurylthiodipropionate 25 mg. What the heck is this stuff?
- Thiodipropionic acid 25 mg. Again, what the heck is this stuff?
Folks, realistically you can't mix everything you need into one powder, capsule, or tablet. If you could we'd do it. Anyone over the age of 40 should be on about twenty proven supplements in the amounts that are effective. Please see the ARCHIVES for articles on the supplements you need. Please also read my books Zen Macrobiotics for Americans and The Supplements You Need to learn about the scientifically proven supplements that will really benefit you. Flax oil, beta sitosterol, beta glucan. CoQ10, lipoic acid, acidophilus, FOS, L-glutamine, DIM, quercitin, PS, vitamin D, and others are obviously missing in Life Extinction Mix. Yes, it will cost you about $100 a month for a complete supplement program, including the natural hormones you may need. That will be the best $100 you ever spent. Drop your useless health insurance and spend your hard earned money on good food and proven supplements and hormones if you are over 40. If you are under 40 you didn't need health insurance anyway. Click here to return to the article library.
Please remember that DIET is everything, and supplements are secondary to eating whole healthy foods especially whole grains and vegetables.